You start with the Rift Walkers squad. Additional squads are unlocked by completing Achievements. Each completed achivement earns 1 coin.
Each squad has a custom paint job. Unlocked mech colors can be applied to other squads.
Random Squads and Custom Squads[edit | edit source]
Once a second squad is acquired, the option to create a randomized squad or a customized squad opens up.
A Custom Squad allows for the selection of any Mechs that have been unlocked, including multiple of the same class as well as multiple of the same Mech.
A Random Squad is created out of all the unlocked Mechs.
- The Balanced Roll option selects three unique Mechs from three of the five different classes (Prime, Brute, Ranged, Science, and Cyborg). The balanced squad won't have more than 4 weapons so this prevents the Flame Mech, Rocket Mech, Defense Mech, Gravity Mech, and Nano Mech from appearing together in a balanced squad.
- The Chaos Roll option has no restrictions on class, weaponry, or Mech combinations so you get a truly random squad.
- However, if you get duplicate Mechs with the same Passive ability, one of the duplicate Mechs will have the Passive and any power associated with it removed.
Secret Squad[edit | edit source]
The Secret Squad becomes available after unlocking the 8 named squads. 25 Coins are required to unlock the Secret Squad. This means you have to complete all of the remaining Global and Squad based achievements.
List of squads[edit | edit source]
|Name||Affiliation||Slot 1||Slot 2||Slot 3||Mech Color||Unlock cost|
|Rift Walkers||Archive, Inc. A||Combat Mech||Cannon Mech||Artillery Mech||Default starting squad|
|Rusting Hulks||R.S.T. Corporation A||Jet Mech||Rocket Mech||Pulse Mech||2 Coins|
|Zenith Guard||Pinnacle Robotics A||Laser Mech||Charge Mech||Defense Mech||3 Coins|
|Blitzkrieg||Detritus Disposal A||Lightning Mech||Hook Mech||Boulder Mech||3 Coins|
|Steel Judoka||Archive, Inc. B||Judo Mech||Siege Mech||Gravity Mech||5 Coins|
|Flame Behemoths||R.S.T. Corporation B||Flame Mech||Meteor Mech||Swap Mech||5 Coins|
|Frozen Titans||Pinnacle Robotics B||Aegis Mech||Mirror Mech||Ice Mech||6 Coins|
|Hazardous Mechs||Detritus Disposal B||Leap Mech||Unstable Mech||Nano Mech||6 Coins|
|Secret Squad||Secret||Techno-Beetle||Techno-Hornet||Techno-Scarab||25 Coins|
|Custom Squad||n/a||Any||Any||Any||Custom||unlock a 2nd Squad|
|Random Squad||n/a||Random||Random||Random||Random||unlock a 2nd Squad|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Each Squad has their own achievements to unlock, including the Random Squad and Custom Squad.
- An early build of the game didn't include the achievement requirements to unlock squads.
- The Rift Walkers were originally named the Rough Riders.
See Also[edit | edit source]