|This article is a stub. You can help Into the Breach Wiki by .|
This article is a stub. You can help Into the Breach Wiki by .
Types[edit | edit source]
There are several types of attack in Into the Breach. Usually they must be in targeted in cardinal directions from the unit attacking.
- Melee: target immediately adjacent tile(s).
- Beam: target all tiles in a line, until hitting a Grid Building, Mountain or Super Volcano. Beam attacks can deal damage that changes over distance (applying at least 1 damage) or apply other effects such as Fire, Freeze or pushing all affected targets.
- Projectile: shoot in a straight line, hitting the nearest non-empty tile.
- Artillery: target any one (sometimes two) tile in a line. Shell flies over high objects in an arc, but cannot target the tiles immediately adjacent. Enemy artillery attacks usually have a limited range of 5 tiles.
- Dash: move in a straight line towards target. Usually combined with pushing the object on target tile.
- Fly Over: move your unit over, targeting units under your trajectory.
- Free Aim: target any tile(s) on the battlefield. This type of attacks is usually limited to Support Structures and certain limited-use weapons.
Additional effects[edit | edit source]
Attacks can also have one or multiple additional effects:
- Pushing or pulling the target(s) in a cardinal direction (doesn't apply to immovable objects such as Grid Building or Vek with Stable trait.
- Throwing the target.
- Swapping positions with the target.
- Applying Fire, Freeze, A.C.I.D., Smoke or Shield.
- Damaging self.
- Flipping target's attack direction (doesn't work on multi-directional attacks).