Abilities and status effects
This page covers abilities and status effects from Into The Breach.
Description[edit | edit source]
Abilities and status effects are conferred by equipment, pilot skills, or terrain. The below list contains all the possible effects that can affect a unit. Some are limited to Vek, others can only be used by mechs.
List of abilities[edit | edit source]
- Energy Shield : Shields block damage and prevent new negative status effects (Fire, Freezing, A.C.I.D, etc.). Only direct damage will remove the Shield.
- Fire Immunity : This unit cannot be set on Fire.
- Flying : Flying units can move over any terrain tile.
- Kickoff Boosters : +2 Move this turn.
- Natural Armor : Weapon damage to this unit is reduced by 1. All other damage (Push, Blocking, Fire, etc.) is unaffected.
- Smoke Immunity : This unit is unaffected by Smoke.
- Zoltan Shield : Same as a normal Shield, but regenerates at the start of every turn.
List of status effects[edit | edit source]
- A.C.I.D. : Weapon damage against this unit is doubled. All other damage (Push, Blocking, Fire, etc.) is unaffected.
- Fire : Units on Fire take 1 damage at the start of every turn.
- Frozen : Units that are frozen are unable to move or attack, but can free themselves by repairing. Any damage to a frozen unit is negated, but will free the unit.
- Not Powered : Units without power are inactive and cannot move or attack, but still block reinforcements on their tile.
- Webbed : Units webbed by the Vek cannot move, but they can still attack.
List of terrain effects[edit | edit source]
- Electric Smoke : Units in Smoke cannot attack or repair. Electricity damages enemy units.
- Forest Fire : Unit is inflicted with Fire.
- Smoke : Units in Smoke cannot attack or repair.
- Submerged : Weapons do not work when submerged in Water.
- Submerged in A.C.I.D. : Weapons do not work and the submerged Mech is inflicted with A.C.I.D.
- Submerged in Lava : Weapons do not work and the submerged Mech is inflicted with Fire.
List of Vek abilities[edit | edit source]
- Alpha Unit : Alpha units are more powerful than their standard counterparts
- Burrower : This Vek will hide underground after taking one or more damage.
- Explosive Decay : Explodes on death, dealing 1 damage to adjacent tiles.
- Hardened Carapace : The Shell Psion is providing Armor to all Vek, reducing incoming weapon damage by 1. All other damage (Push, Blocking, Fire, etc.) is unaffected.
- Hive Leader : These are the most powerful Vek. Immune to water, they can be more challenging to kill.
- Hive Targeted : The Psion Tyrant will do 1 damage all friendly units every turn.
- Invigorating Spores : The Soldier Psion is providing +1 HP to all Vek.
- Massive : Massive units can walk in Water (but Water will prevent shooting).
- Overpowered : The Psion Abomination is enhancing all Vek. They gain +1 HP, regeneration, and explode on death.
- Regeneration : The Blood Psion is healing all Vek 1 point every turn.
- Self-Repairing : If damaged, this unit will Shield itself and prepare to heal.
- Stable : Cannot be moved by any weapon effect (Push, Teleport, etc.).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Interestingly, setting fire to Civilian Building tiles does not damage your Power Grid.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Killing an opponent with Explosive Decay near a building will damage the building, but there is a chance based on Grid Defense that the building will resist damage. Therefore, the Reset Turn ability can be useful here to "try again" on exploding with a more favorable result.